Amigos en Cristo's purpose is to share the good news to the needy in Juarez in partnership with believers in Juarez and the U.S. Specifically, AeC is serving families in Juarez with the After School and Open School programs and other activities designed to strengthen families and share the good news. As of the spring of 2013, AeC is expanding ministry and opportunity with a small business to sustain the ministry. Without prayer, Amigos en Cristo programs will just be "do- gooder" activities. With prayer, we can be in touch with Him who will instruct us and teach us in the way we should go and counsel us with his eye upon us. (Ps. 32:8) We want to surrender this ministry to His power and direction. To that end, we hope you will join us in praying for general ministry concerns as well as the specific needs of the children and the staff. Please e-mail Carol at Carol.Diedrichsen@aecministries.com if you would like to be added to a list of folks who pray for additional specific requests. We will routinely provide you with information about these needs and about how God is moving and answering prayers so that you can pray during your quiet times "steadfastly…being watchful in it with thanksgiving." (Col.4:2)
General Ministry Concerns:
- That the leaders and authorities in Mexico to lead responsibly and for the good of the people and not for personal gain. Pray that justice and truth will prevail.
- That God will unify the AeC staff members so that they work according to His purposes and not their own.
- For Pastor Misael and Doris. Leadership and Wisdom. Thank God for their love for the people and commitment and service to Jesus. Pray for their daughter Anita, a college student (almost graduate) and for their younger daughter who is in high school, DJ.
- Lift up each staff member in Mexico who plays a role in supporting the programs; each is an ambassador for Jesus; each has personal growth and family concerns.
- Talk to Him about each child in the After School and Open School program. The ages range from kindergarten through high school. Pray that they will know Jesus and that their families will as well
In the U.S.:
- Guide the Aec board members to follow His direction for the ministry and to raise up the partners in the U.S. and in Mexico to accomplish what the Lord directs them to do - partners who will commit to pray, support, or serve as God leads.
- Pray for the board's leadership and service to the ministry.
- Please pray for direction and guidance in using our new property to its greatest potential in sustaining the ministry.